Cooking Classes

29.4.10

Dulce de Leche Cheesecake

 Dulce de Leche Cheesecake
 
To make two 4 inch diameter cakes.

For the cheesecake filling:
1 cups cream cheese
1/2 cup cajeta or  dulce de leche
2 eggs

For the crumb crust:
3/4 cup plain cookies
2 tablespoons butter


Preheat your oven to 350F.
Prepare your baking rings or spring-form pans: Cover the base of the spring-form pan with a sheet of baking paper, and close the pan around the paper and the base.

Prepare the crust: Blend the cookies and butter in a food processor. Dump into the pans, and pack into an even layer with a spoon or your fingers.

Prepare the filling: Beat together the dulce de leche, cream cheese and eggs. Pour into the pans.

Bake the cakes: Bake 4-inch cakes for 30 minutes. Cover with tinfoil after the first 10 minutes to keep the top from browning. (I completely forgot about covering with foil.  That along with my fast oven, it had a lot of cracking.)

After baking time is done, let cool for 30 minutes to an hour in the oven, with the door cracked open. Once cakes are cool enough to handle, remove from the oven and let cool completely to room temperature. (The slow cooling process keeps the cheesecakes from cracking on top.)
Once the cakes are cool, remove the sides of the spring-form pan.  I made a simple blackberry sauce by boiling blackberries with a little water and sugar.  Thickened with a cornstarch slurry and added a squeeze of lemon.  It was so good without being really sweet.

I know these look like cherries!  Honest, they are cooked blackberries.  I prefer blackberries when they are cooked rather than fresh.

Half of this recipe is definitely enough for 2 people.

29 comments:

  1. Mmmm....I would love that now. Looks very delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you certainly have been very busy in the kitchen! That is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been craving cheesecake like I've been craving sleep (4:50 a.m. here right now) I'm going to go back to bed and read this again when I'm fully rested and then maybe I'll be able to resist the temptation....LOL

    This looks sooo delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the use of your dulce de leche here and i'm pretty fond of the filling-to-crust ratio too. the topping does look like cherries, but i'd probably prefer your choice of blackberries. good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness. You had me with just the title, but then that first picture completely swept me off my feet!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous photo, Sarah! I just wanted to pluck one of those raspberries off the plate! That and dulce de leche flavor too??? Must be a great dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I didn't realize you all loved cheesecake so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now this is a cheesecake I can sink my teeth into. Would it be bad if I wanted the entire cake to myself:D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds great! I have never made one that small- I've only got two sizes of spring form pans!

    ReplyDelete
  10. buffalodick> I have no idea why I have so many springform pans! I even have a heart-shaped one given to me by a friend in TN. I am making this again today in a 5" pan, which should be fine for me and my 2 dinner guests.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good thing J'Bug isn't one of those dinner guests Sarah, because there's no way a 5" cheesecake would feed 3 with yours truly there. This looks amazing and your photo ...holy cow! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks soo good and quick to put together! Going to try it:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holly> it is quick and easy. I didn't even bake the crust first.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks wonderful. I love cheesecake. I try to keep away from it, because I'd like my rump to be smaller than a barn.

    ReplyDelete
  15. June> I am notorious for not cooking enough, or way too much. Trying not to have any leftovers here.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Marjie> my sentiments exactly!! Hence, the making of small ones.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Look at you!!! The photos and the cheesecake look fabulous!! You made great use of the dulce de leche.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely sumptuous photos Sarah! They makes me want to stick my fingers right into your cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Memória> In your words, I feel like I'm getting my mojo back! I have had a bad time with pics lately.

    Marlene> thanks! Your help with the photos has been working! I am back to using natural light as much as possible and not mixing lighting types. Occasionally I just want a pic and it needs flash so I just do it, for the process of the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  20. JBug> hey, we had leftover cheesecake! (adjust halo now) This recipe is so easy to adapt to the size you need. I tried a bit more butter in the cookie crust and it just melted out. Thankfully I put the springform on a baking sheet.

    ReplyDelete
  21. JBug wants leftovers - please send NOW. Tee,hee!

    ReplyDelete
  22. JBug> Oops...I just ate it for breakfast! Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stefania> thanks for stopping by. I looked at your beautiful Italian food on your blog. It is all so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  24. wowwwwww the photos and the cake look GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This looks absolutely amazing! Beautiful pictures! I wish I could reach into the screen and take a bite...

    ReplyDelete
  26. This looks absolutely divine! I'd love to take a big bite out this cake right now!

    ReplyDelete
  27. ooooooooooooo,lovely cheesecake,,will definitely try it.
    Enjoy and happy cooking,
    Nikki,
    titilating-tastebuds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment! Please visit often.