Cooking Classes

31.5.10

Catching up on Life

Oh, did I tell you that I got a job?  Yes, moi, the ultimate entrepreneur now has a regular nine to five.  I'll be packing my lunch, walking to work and sitting in the sun during my breaks.  Today is my first day.  I am in the office at Re/Max.  I know, I wanted to get away from real estate but it seems to be what I know best.  Some value in knowing that, I guess!  But no more 12 hour days, 7 days a week, no life.  I now have a regular paycheque albeit it is small!

I can feel that life is slowing down.  There is hope that I can fit my life into one bankers box for the year.  But that is yet to be proven.  It is only May after all.  Okay, two boxes.  Even that is amazing.





I have been saving a picture of Miss Sugar for such a long time and thought perhaps I should finally just make a post for her and for my fledgling garden plants.

Miss Sugar is very happy in her new home.  But we did take a trip to the city last week and I could tell, she was excited to get in the car again!  Have I created a monster!  Not really, she is just happy not to be left behind.





These are my shallots.  I planted more so I should be set for the summer.

These are not weeds, honest!  I didn't label anything so they might be carrots, beets, spinach?  But they are everywhere!  Should be fun soon.

14 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job and making an effort to enjoy life :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new job ...I'm sure Miss Sugar will guard the fort while you're away, but I'm guessing she's gonna' miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I quit work 1-1/2 years ago, and don't know if I could ever do 9 to 5 again! Something, but not that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can understand about wanting to change careers. I had wanted to move forward and get out of the doctor's office biz but as you said it is what we know best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the new job. Your cat looks beautiful, so pretty, she makes Audi look like a walrus!

    The garden is coming along.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miss Sugar is a darling. Years ago, I had a cat named Fred who loved driving. He tried to sit on my right shoulder, so he could see, but that didn't go well when I had to shift (it was a stick shift car). We planted last week, and the hot sun has to help us sprout soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cathy> thanks! First day went well. It felt like I was playing! Should be fun.

    June> We have been together for such a long time, before my year off, I was working from home. So she has the house to herself all day now - 3 days a week.

    buffalo> I'll be promoting my cooking and cooking classes as soon as I get my kitchen reno-ed.

    Valli> oh well, eh?

    Lazaro> I'll have salad soon! C'mon, a walrus? I don't think so.

    Marjie> Wow, sprouting already. It is so cold here right now. Don't know when it will warm up again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with your new job. I had to shudder a little when I read that "9-5" business. I retired two years ago and cannot imagine going back to full time employment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mags> thanks. Well, after being a realtor for 29 years, 9-5 is like a vacation. But thank heaven it is only 3 days a week! I want to build up some foodie business, too. That will be my fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your job and on your adorable cat! I have a weakness for cats and since yesterday a lot of respect for them (I watched a documentary that showed that cats have telepathic powers with their owners and can also be psychic)
    Wonderful to have a garden and looking forward to your veggies and creations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww, congrats on finding a job and earning a regular paycheck. I'm glad you won't have to work like a horse, though.

    Your cat is so adorable! She's so photogenic. My poor little basil died already. I will be blogging about that soon haha. I guess I really don't have as good of a green thumb as you do. I can't wait to see what turns up (good pun opportunity to use "turnip"!) in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh congratulations on your new job, I'm sure Miss Sugar will be delighted.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think 3 days a week is very civilized. My other job was 18 hour days but big breaks in between. I am enjoying working less and having more time for FOOD! If you start catering/teaching I know that will soon be eclipsing your remax!! The cat is too cute... never had a cat but all of my dogs LOVE car trips!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! New job, new people, new outlook.
    Love your kitty.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment! Please visit often.