Lazaro Cooks has a contest this month. The challenge is to use both avocado and feta cheese in the same recipe. This is my submission for that challenge. I used this salsa both with my breakfast taco above and with grilled lamb chops below. It was delicious!
Oh Pam, thanks for commenting on the plate! I forgot to talk about it. I was staying in a friend's home in Saskatoon, housesitting actually. It seems to be my second career! So I am looking for plates. She has this beautiful set of Spode china and it is used for every day. I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Every time I took out a plate, I looked at it more than my food.
Avocado Feta Salsa
- 1 ripe avocado - peel and pit removed and diced
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tbsp snipped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, finely diced
- Carefully mix together the avocados, tomatoes, onion, and garlic in a bowl. Add in the oregano and parsley, then gently stir in olive oil and vinegar, now the feta. Cover, and place in the refrigerator to chill for 2-6 hours.