Cooking Classes

22.5.13

Avocado and Romaine Salad with Soy Sauce Vinaigrette




I think I mentioned on a previous post that my fancy dancy oven up and died. It has been completely disconnected from gas and electricity so making food for myself has changed. I know salads, fresh vegetables and fruit and cheese and bread are healthy but I did not realize I would have a craving for hot food. Too bad, so sad.

I saw this idea of avocado with soy sauce on Pinterest. Tonight I decided to add it to my romaine salad. It was so delicious. I would never have thought to pair soy sauce with avocado.




Avocado and Romaine Salad with Soy Sauce Vinaigrette 


1 avocado
2 green onions
1/2 tomato, diced
1 T soy sauce or tamari
1 T. lemon juice
2T olive oil
sea salt
freshly cracked pepper
romaine lettuce

Place romaine lettuce on individual plates or in a large bowl. Top with chopped green onion and tomatoes.

Cut avocado in half and place cut side down on plate. Slice 1/8 - 1/4 inch thick. Drizzle with lemon juice, soy sauce and olive oil. Place sliced avocado on romaine salad. Drizzle all the soy sauce and olive oil vinaigrette over the lettuce. Garnish with sea salt and cracked black pepper. Serve.

4 comments:

  1. I will hqve to give the combination a try Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I copied this right away to make with my avocado tonight... bit of black kale too. You convinced me immediately, I'd never thought of soy with avocado either but why not? I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious. Will give that a whirl when the lettuce is ready. Picked kale today and added it to a risotto.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a desperate, deep love for avocado.This looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment! Please visit often.