Cooking Classes

4.8.11

Off to Vancouver Island and Gulf Coast Islands


























I am taking a little summer vacation to visit friends in Victoria, British Columbia.  Victoria is on Vancouver Island.  I can hardly wait!  It is a foodie's dream because my friends and their cousin, Meredith & husband are also into good food and good wine!  Meredith will be making a picnic for us!  I can hardly wait!  We are going to picnic on French beach - a slightly rugged ocean beach overlooking the Strait of Juan de Fuca with wonderful walking and hiking.

I am also looking forward to some cider and eau de vie from Merridale Cider.  It can only be purchased on the island.

I am not taking my laptop with me so you will have to wait until I return for all the reports on the wonderful food we encountered.  We have a heavy schedule of visiting the Saltspring Island Farmer's Market, beaches on Hornby and Denman Islands and also staying in Courtney, which is up island a bit.  It will be a full 5 days and I will have lots of great food pictures to share when I return.

5 comments:

  1. Have a great trip and don't drink too much LOL. See you when you get back. Cheers Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully you also headed to the Cowichan Valley which is a foodie mecca!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you're having a wonderful trip! Your preview pictures are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Gulf Islands are so very special -- so glad you are getting to enjoy some cool ocean breezes and abundant farmers markets. Love your vacation posts.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment! Please visit often.