17.11.10

Houston...We have lift off!

Yes!!  The winter weather came in and my contractors had time for 'inside' work.  I was first on their list for inside work.  They made a lot of progress in only one day.

See that big dumpster outside the window?  Isn't that just the best thing you have ever seen!

My kitchen will be without a fridge and stove as of Friday.  My new appliances won't be delivered for awhile.  I have decided to live with my cold room and a picnic cooler for a few days.  It is winter.  Making ice is no problem!  I'll buy perishables as I can eat them.

I will be dining on my freezer food until I run out.  But you cannot believe my luck!  I have won two  dinners from a local company that makes home cooked meals for busy people.  They will come in handy.

8 comments:

  1. Hopefully you will soon be back cooking great meals in your new kitchen. Dciane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you sarah... what great progress... here's hoping for lots of snow!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! That is so exciting; I know it wll a bother for a while, but I can just imagine the thrill of getting a new kitchen; keep us posted.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Homecooked meals are very timely indeed!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a dumpster in the morning! Hooray! Now we don't have to figure out how to get my Dan to you. I'm looking forward to your progress pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diane> I am sure the time will fly...at least I hope it does!

    Deana> we have a big ol' blizzard happening! I feel so lucky! I think I should buy a lottery ticket.

    Rita> I can hardly wait.

    Valli> everything is falling into place. Isn't that amazing?

    Marjie> I can always find another project for your Dan! I will sit on my hands not to post every day. It will only be interesting to me! But I will give progress reports!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting! I hope to completely renovate my kitchen one of these days, so I'll be taking note of any tips.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY for the work beginning! Something tells me you'll still eat well with the equipment limitations.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment! Please visit often.