Cooking Classes

8.11.10

Chicken and Roasted Sweet Pepper B'Stilla

I am trying to cook as much as possible, and use the things I already have in the larder. My reno starts soon!  This would have been much nicer with a dusting of powdered sugar, but I had none!

Chicken and Roasted Sweet Pepper B'Stilla

2 cups cooked chicken
1/2 orange pepper
1/2 red pepper
1 clove garlic
1/2 onion
1 teaspoon ras el hanout
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 eggs
2 tablespoons pinenuts
salt to taste
phyllo pastry
1/2 cup butter, melted
powdered sugar

Roughly chop the chicken and set aside.

Roast the peppers and cut into strips.  Roast the garlic clove and mash.  Dice the onion and saute until translucent.

Toss the peppers, onion, garlic and chicken.  Add toasted pinenuts and seasonings.  Add beaten egg.

Brush a baking sheet with butter.  Lay one sheet of phyllo pastry and brush it with melted butter.  Lay down 2 more phyllo sheets and brush each with melted butter.

Spread the chicken mixture on the phyllo pastry.  Cover with 3 more sheets of phyllo pastry brushed with melted butter between each sheet.

Repeat with another layer of chicken mixture and phyllo pastry.

Bake at 375F for 15 minutes.  Cool slightly.  Cut into large squares.  Dust with powdered sugar and serve.

8 comments:

  1. Be "stilla" my heart. This looks delicious:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks good, though I have never heard of ras el hanout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! Filo is so delicious and looks lovely! Delicious combo of flavors, too Sarah! I'd be cooking like crazy too before your reno starts :) This looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh neat, never seen anything like this before

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darn, I almost bought filo this weekend... it is a great recipe too, Sarah... and ras el hanout is one of my favorites... do you have freezer space during the reno? At least that way you can stuff up the freezer with goodies to get you through the dry spell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so good. And it's something I've never made before - which is what I'm always looking for - new ideas. Thanks for posting and hopefully your renos aren't too stressful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a creative use for those ingredients! I'd not have thought of a chicken pastry dinner, especially not with sugar on top!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment! Please visit often.