I have some dried chipotles. And I can easily buy more online. I also have other dried chiles from my trip to Tennessee a few months ago. I had everything on hand! Even Mexican oregano.
So now I have two jars of chipotles in adobo sauce in my fridge. This should keep me for awhile. I can hardly wait to compare them with the canned that I usually buy.
And peaches are in season...
Grilled Chicken Breast with Peach Adobo Sauce
- 1 peach, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce from canned chipotle chiles
- 2 teaspoons hazelnut oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro plus sprigs for garnish
- 1 large peach, rinsed, fuzz wiped away and sliced in half
- 2 boneless chicken breast halves with skin
Brush peaches, then chicken with oil and dressing from small bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill chicken until cooked through, about 7 minutes per side. Grill peach until slightly charred, about 2 minutes per side.