Cooking Classes

16.2.10

My Foodie Gift Arrived

The Foodie Gift that I won from Velva at Tomatoes on the Vine arrived today!  It was so exciting, just like Christmas!

It was definitely a chocolate lover's gift package.  There was a package of an Assortment of Intense Dark Chocolates from Ghiradelli, Starbuck's Caffe Verone with cocoa tasting notes, Cocoa Roast Almonds (I have never seen these before, yummy), Hershey's dark chocolate covered peppermint patties and Hershey's Kisses.

Also, I received a nice tin of star anise, agave nectar, pecans from south Georgia, and Everglades Fish & Chicken seasoning.

I have been craving some snacks so now I will enjoy many, many hours of wonderful food.  I have always wanted to try agave syrup.  I ate so many pecans when I was in Tennessee but didn't bring any back to Canada.  They cost an arm and a leg up here.

A big THANK YOU, Velva.  I never win anything so this will be such a treat.

A requirement of entering Velva's draw was that I would offer a similar package with products from my area.  Look for that coming up soon.

13 comments:

  1. Bravo! Merry Olympics/Xmas/Mardi Gras/Homecoming~

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great giveaway! If you like tea, agave nectar is the perfect sweetner for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your big win! Your prize package is awesome - such wonderful snacks and ingredients! I can't wait to see what you create from your winnings :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah,

    I have yet to try agave syrup but my step-mother tells me it is a great alternative to Equal or Splenda.

    I just love the idea of the food packages being put together with local flavor. Have fun with the chocolate! They all sound mouth watering delicious.

    Thanks so much for popping over for a visit. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Enjoy your week!

    Cheers! =D
    ~Kitty Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, I was so glad to see that you received the package. I hope you enjoy it. I could not resist the peppermint patties as they are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM! Can't wait to see the Canadian version! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! What a fun package to receive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOOHOO!!!! Congratulations!!! Don't you just love getting fun gifts in the mail?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still haven't tried agave either... let us know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is a wonderful package! Chocolate is always appropriate, don't you think?

    As far as chili goes, I haven't made it since about 1977. I used to saute 1 pound of beef with a finely mince onion, add a couple of whole jalapenos (so I could fish them out later), and chili powder. Drain, add more powder and a can or 2 of tomato sauce; let simmer for an hour. Texas style chili calls for "no beans" but you can add kidney beans to other kinds of chili. I'm pretty sure The Blond Duck has more chili ideas, and Buffalo Dick posted a basic recipe last week, although his called for Pom juice (which I've never seen). Anyway, I hope this helps you out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Marjie. I can't remember who had that wonderful chili recipe. It had chunks of beef and several varieties of dried peppers, no tomato. I forgot about Buffalo Dick.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! Lucky you, it's a wonderful gift. Enjoy it.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!! Lucky you!! Love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment! Please visit often.