Cooking Classes

19.12.09

Magret of Duck with Dried Berry Compote and Spinach Risotto


Duck is one of my favourite meats.  This is the perfect dish for the winter.

The duck breast was quickly seared in duck fat and then put in a 375F oven for about 10 minutes.  Then I put it on a plate and tented it with tin foil for 10 minutes before slicing.  Top with the compote.

Dried Berry Compote            for each serving

In the same pan that I seared the duck, I added a finely diced shallot and 1/2 t finely chopped orange zest.  Saute until transparent.  Add:
2 T mixed dried berries, coarsely chopped
2 T orange juice
1 T rice wine vinegar
2 T white wine

Reduce until most of the liquid has evaporated.


2 comments:

  1. Moi aussi, le magret de canard est l'un de mes plats préférés. je l'aime beaucoup en sucré/salé.
    A bientôt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only made duck once, and that was roasting a whole one. I really need to pick up some breasts and try some of these wonderful recipes.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment! Please visit often.