Cooking Classes

9.11.09

Bistro by the Tracks in Knoxville


I had this wonderful dessert wine yesterday when I dined at Bistro by the Tracks.  It is a chocolate infused Zinfandel from Rosenblum Cellars .  I will definitely be bringing a few bottles of this back with me.

 "It's dark ruby and purple, and the aroma is like creamy cherry chocolate pie. The taste is crazy. It's a candy bar in a bottle with a little alcohol. Pour it over some ice cream and have some fun. 90,000 points!" - Mark Tarbell, Arizona Republic, Feb. 14, 2007

Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me so I have no pictures of my meal but you can follow this link for a preview of the restaurant and the menu, Bistro by the Tracks .  This is the best meal I have had since I left Canada and the restaurant is in a brand new location, in a brand new building.  But it has been a favourite neighbourhood restaurant for years.  It came highly recommended on Chowhound .

I had two small plates - firstly, a wedge of iceberg lettuce with bleu cheese dressing and secondly, a deboned quail with raspberry glaze on French lentils.  They were both wonderful and beautifully presented.  For dessert, I had the cheese plate.  It featured three generous pieces of imported cheese, marcona almonds , quince paste, green apple slices and crostini.  Desiree Chocolate Dessert Wine was perfect.

Did you know that there is a website for Albertans to check availability of liquors and wines?  The Liquor, Wines and Spirits directory will tell you if a particular alcohol is available in Alberta and, if so, where you can find it.  Handy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment! Please visit often.