Cooking Classes

23.11.09

An Antipasti Plate


Antipasti is plural of antipasto.  In Italy, and now almost everywhere in North America, we love to have a plate of cold meats, cheeses, vegetables and other simple items as a simple meal or as a before meal appetizer.

So it was time to clean out my fridge.  I had bits and pieces of some good things so I decided to put them together into an antipasti plate.  I had yogurt that I drained to make labne.  To this I added shallots, garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper and sliced cucumbers.  I had some nice smoked salmon which would go nicely with the yogurt and cucumber.  I had aged cheddar, artichoke hearts and asparagus.  I like to steam asparagus.  I think their flavour is so much nicer and then I chilled it and drizzled with Charred Tomato Vinaigrette.  To finish off, I added a piece of lavash.  This is a good way to move into Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful plate; a feast for the eyes as well as the tongue.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment! Please visit often.