Cooking Classes

16.11.09

Apple, Pecan and Chicken Salad



 This is fun.  My month of salads is giving me a challenge.  Yesterday was the sushi challenge for The Daring Cooks so I thought that was close enough to salad, right?  Actually the rice in the sushi has vinegar on it.

Making salads from the pantry challenges the creative juices.  Today I want to use some chicken that I is in my freezer and some pecans that are in the pantry.  Here we go!

Apple, Pecan and Chicken Salad                 Serves 2

1 chicken breast
1 Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced
1/4 c whole pecans, toasted
romaine or spinach leaves
1/4 c diced celery
1/4 c diced red onion
1/4 c sour cream
1/4 c mayonnaise
juice of 1/2 lemon

Season chicken with salt and pepper and saute in a little olive oil until done.  Dice chicken.  Dice apple and toss some lemon juice to prevent darkening.  Toast pecans.

Blend sour cream, mayonnaise and lemon juice.

Toss chicken, apple, onion, celery with the dressing.  Let sit in refrigerator for an hour.

Lay down greens.  Top with chicken mixture.  Garnish with slices of apple and pecans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment! Please visit often.