Cooking Classes

14.3.12

Tuscan Pork Belly


The March, 2012 Daring Cooks’ Challenge was hosted by Carol, a/k/a Poisonive – and she challenged us all to learn the art of Braising! Carol focused on Michael Ruhlman’s technique and shared with us some of his expertise from his book “Ruhlman’s Twenty”.

Pork belly might be last year's news but I have finally cooked it for the first time.  I cannot believe the complexity of  flavours.  It can also be a very easily prepared meal for a large group.

Slow roasted pork belly makes a lovely casual meal.

I seasoned it with minced garlic, rosemary, sea salt, and fresh ground pepper.  I tied it to make it tightly rolled and then I roasted it at 325F for about 3 hours.  Pair this with pan roasted baby potatoes and steamed asparagus for an easy peasey weekday meal.

11 comments:

  1. Looks absolutely fantastic! I've never made pork belly, but just may have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is an easy meal, and looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As soon as I can get some decent pork belly here, I'm going to be trying this recipe. Yours looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks absolutely delicious! I will try your recipe soonest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I am suddenly inspired to drive to Saskatchewan! lol! Angei xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful, Sarah! It must have been delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post:) I so enjoyed the pork belly and it was a first for me - so glad you enjoyed the challenge - well done! Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmmm I love roasted pork belly and you seem to have all the best flavours with it. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Una comida tentadora,exquisita y contundente,me encanta,abrazos hugs,hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still haven't made pork belly, Sarah. This braising method looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment! Please visit often.