Cooking Classes

25.3.12

Garlic Parmesan Croutons

This is so easy and I know you all are already making this.  I just never use croutons...the oil...you know!

I had some leftover scraps of Italian bread and I want to practice making this for the Farmers' Market.  What a great way to use leftover bread.  I can capture a little more profit by not wasting leftover bread.

These are so good!  I am munching them up as snacks!

Garlic Parmesan Croutons

8 ounces of day old bread
1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
4 cloves of roasted garlic
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon hot paprika
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated black pepper
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

Mash the roasted garlic and add the olive oil.  Let this infuse at room temperature for about 4 hours.  Then strain the olive oil and discard the garlic.

Cut the bread into 1" cubes and  put in a medium sized bowl.  Add herbs, sea salt, black pepper , 3/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese and olive oil.  Toss to coat.

Spread on a baking sheet and bake at 300F for 15 minutes.  Toss the bread cubes.  Add the additional 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese and return to the oven for 10 - 15 minutes.

Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.

5 comments:

  1. loves everythin that goes with garlic....great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so yummy Sarah! As does your bread below. Your blog always makes me hungry. :)
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. They sound wonderful to me. I bet I would eat them all before they ever had a chance to cool! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can't go wrong with garlic! Lovely croutons with a warm bowl of soup, it's perfect.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. waste not, want not! you don't realize how crucial croutons are to a salad until they're not there. :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment! Please visit often.