Cooking Classes

21.6.11

Out with the Old, In with the New

My new MacBook.  Slight upgrade to the Pro.  How can you buy the same dress 4 years later?  Needed a little change.  Love the silver colour.


I had to take a break from the 10 hour round trip in to Calgary to purchase my new laptop.  Rouge is the perfect respite.  I was craving mussels and asked if they had any back in the kitchen.  The waiter reported 'no, but we have some oysters'  I had 6 on the half shell with a most lovely fresh fennel and pickled onion minionette - just whipped up for moi!  Then a lovely Peking style duck breast.  The weather was expressive with rain, clouds and then sunshine.  Rouge is in this lovely heritage home.
The drive back to Swift Current was picture perfect.  I could only stop a few times or I would never arrive home.  This train in the distance caught my eye.  I love the light.  This was 8:30pm or so on the day of the summer solstice.  Nice warm light.  Living sky!

Nice to see some lush green fields.  I arrived home around 1:00 am, exhausted.  I spent today recuperating from all that stuff that goes with losing your computer, buying something new and going through all the wonderful groceries I bought at my favourite Lebanese, Central American, Italian and wholesale stores.  Some of it is for my Farmer's Market cooking...like the sweet red peppers for Muhamarra-style dip, some for my pantry...like the bacalao salt cod and some for me to enjoy right now...like some beautiful cheese.

7 comments:

  1. It's my computer of choice... you will love it!! The restaurant looks wonderful and what scenery!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn it all Sarah, you just made me so homesick! By the way, congrats on your new computer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos! I love that drive, prairie fields always seem so peaceful.

    Rouge is fantastic! One of my favourite spots in the city, definitely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, it was a long day, but you had fun on more than one count! Enjoy the new Mac!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Sarah for the showing us the wonderful Canadian countryside, I think this is probably the first i have seen of the rural parts of the country.
    Congratulations on the New Laptop, I know how happy I was when I got mine, my old desktop finally died at age 13 years, wow what a difference 13 years can make.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That drive looks familiar!! :)

    You did Calgary and back in one day? That is a long trip. Glad you made it home safe and sound!

    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Mac pro book-too awesome!! I love my Mac.

    The journey home was picture perfect. You live in a beautiful part of the country.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment! Please visit often.