For a more polished presentation, this butter can be formed into a log by wrapping it in plastic wrap. Chill until firm and slice thickly. Put a pat on each steak.
Grilled Sirloin Steaks with Blue Cheese Walnut Butter
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, finely crumbled
- 1/4 cup walnut butter
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and finely minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 - 1 1/2-to 1 3/4-pound sirloin steaks (1 inch thick)
- Combine cheese, butter, parsley, garlic and rosemary in medium bowl. Stir to blend well. Mix in walnut butter.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer blue cheese butter to small bowl. (NOTE: Blue cheese butter can be prepared 2 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring butter to room temperature before using.)
- Season steaks as you like. I like Montreal steak spice but you can simply use salt and pepper. Cover and let stand 1/2 hour at room temperature.
- Prepare grill (medium-high heat). Grill steaks to desired doneness, about 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer steaks to platter and let stand 5 minutes.
- Cut each steak into 3 equal portions. Top each portion with a spoonful of blue cheese butter and serve.
- Serves 6.