I have never used frozen lobster tails before. Here in this small, prairie city there is a lot of frozen fish and seafood. So putting my snobbery aside, I tried the lobster tails. They were delicious!
Linguine with Lobster in a Saffron Cream Sauce serves 2
1 lobster tail
1/4 c finely diced carrot
1/4 c finely diced celery
1/4 c finely diced shallots
2 T unsalted butter
sea salt to taste
pinch of saffron
2 T finely grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 c heavy cream
1/4 c lobster stock
1. Place the frozen lobster tail in a pot with a little water and steam until done, about 10 minutes.
2. Remove the lobster meat from the shell and slice into medallions. Reserve the stock in the pot for the pasta sauce.
3. In a saucepan, saute the mirepoix (carrots, celery, shallots) in butter until they are translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the lobster stock and pinch of saffron. Continue to saute for a minute or two. Add the heavy cream and gently simmer for a minute or two.
4. Meanwhile, cook the linguine according to package instructions.
5. Toss in the cooked pasta and parmesan cheese to coat the pasta. Add the pieces of cooked lobster. Serve immediately.