Cooking Classes

21.3.15

A Plug for Coconut Water


A couple of weeks ago I received an email offering me a case of CoCoZia coconut water to try. I haven't been offered anything in such a long time. Even though I was not fond of coconut water I thought, "What the heck?" I said yes.

They emailed me an Amazon gift certificate. I ordered online and in a week or so they arrived. Immediately I was offered a case of their chocolate coconut water. Hmmm. That sounds interesting so again I agreed. I have no idea how I the first order was processed because on my second order Amazon.com would not deliver to Canada. Weird. They probably thought Saskatchewan was a city in Alaska or something on my first order.

I wonder if the chocolate coconut order had been delivered if I would continue to receive offers of all their flavours? Coffee, mango, pineapple? Too bad my luck ran out.

Anyhoo, I tried this coconut water. I was fully prepared to not like it but I was pleasantly surprised. I mean it still tastes like coconut water but I thought it was okay. I am not a fan of sweet drinks and this has no sugar. Usually I drink water or milk. I will enjoy my case of coconut water guilt-free. It is only 70 calories in 330 mL. 330 mL is a large serving for me. I would only drink half that at a time.

I have now fulfilled my agreement to post about CoCoZia on my blog. If you like, you can give it a try.

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm is right. It IS supposed to be very good for you. I got some coconut oil to try as a moisturizer since everyone raves about it but it seemed to make my skin red. Will try again to be sure but... everyone is different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't bought into the whole healthy coconut thing. I love coconut in curries and sweet breads. Other than that I have been circumspect.

      Delete
  2. I wonder if it would add interesting flavor to baked goods?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been thinking exactly about that, Marjie. I think I'll try it.

      Delete

I appreciate your comment! Please visit often.