Cooking Classes

21.2.12

Leg of Duck with Squash Risotto

After making the duck breasts for my cooking class  I had legs left over.  Rather than make my usual confit of duck leg, I braised them.

Braising is a cooking method that employs both searing and slow cooking.  I seared my legs in a hot pan with a little duck fat.  Then I added aromatics, like parsnips, onion, celery and some duck stock.  I returned the legs to the pan and slow cooked it for about an hour until they were very tender.

Then I made a classic risotto and added oven roasted spaghetti squash.  I also added a whole clove and a couple of whole allspice berries to add some earthiness and sweetness to the risotto.

This is a delicious and nutritious meal.

4 comments:

  1. I've been craving duck lately, so this is perfect timing! Sounds fantastic with the risotto.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had easier acess to duck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love dinners like that... simple and flavorful.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment! Please visit often.