Cooking Classes

25.1.13

Casual Friday - Bourbon and Apple Marinated Pork Tenderloin

Bourbon and Apple Marinated Pork Tenderloin

  • 1 cup apple juice
  • 1/4 cup bourbon
  • 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 garlic cloves, crushed
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Mix marinade ingredients in a small sauce pan and heat for approximately 20 minutes until the sugar has completely dissolved.  Remove from heat and cool completely.
Place tenderloin in a zip top plastic bag with the marinade and refrigerate overnight to fully absorb the flavors.
When ready to prepare, remove tenderloin from the marinade, pat dry and set aside.  Grill  or pan grill until done, approximately 45 minutes.  Turn periodically until an internal temperature of approximately 155F is reached.
Remove, rest for 10 minutes, slice and serve with a drizzle of balsamic reduction alongside bourbon and baked sweet potatoes.




I have enjoyed this both hot and cold. The sauce is fabulous. However, I did forget to use the balsamic glaze and it was still so richly flavourful. It is full of flavour without fat. I cooked the tenderloin to 155F in the thickest section and it was perfect. It was cooked but still pink.

A touch of bourbon can make Casual Friday a little more interesting.  Any time you are working with pork tenderloin it is an easy meal.

I used my pure unfiltered Okanagan apple juice. I pan grilled with my cast iron skillet. After grilling the meat and vegetables, I removed them from the pan and returned the marinade to the pan. I reduced it to a sauce and drizzled it over the pork.

 


2 comments:

  1. This pork looks mighty good! It has been a while since I have had pork, not easily available here. Wish you could taste grape molasses (homemade by village folks here) you would go nuts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to try grape molasses! It sounds heavenly. Just another item for my wish list.

      Delete

I appreciate your comment! Please visit often.