Cooking Classes

16.4.12

Monday is Wash Day

Remember those old tea towels?  The ones that told us what chore was to be done each day?  I wish I had my mother's embroidery work with all those memories.  Today was wash day.

Monday - Wash Day
Tuesday - Ironing
Wednesday - Sewing
Thursday - Market
Friday - Housecleaning
Saturday - Baking
Sunday - Day of rest

Follow me through this routine for the next  5 weeks!  Today was Wash Day and I am in heaven thinking I will be sleeping on air dried sheets tonight!  Can't you just smell it now?

See you next week!

7 comments:

  1. I'm in need of a housekeeping routine. I may just follow along with this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even begin to tell you how much I wish I didn't have to work full time! I would love to have my life structured this way but will follow along vicariously through you for the next five weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mum always kept to a routine, I just leave things until they have to be done!! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's one of the things I miss most about living in the country... the smell of air dried sheets. Better than any lavender linen spray... smells like sun and fresh air. It is a pleasure not to be missed. I envy you monday's first sleep in them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes the simple things bring us the most pleasure. Or they do until it rains on your sheets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, I envy you too except I remember those frozen flannel sheets coming in from the line during winter. They seemed to take forever to dry in front of the stove, but you're right, they sure did smell wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, mmmmm, I do enjoy my dried-outside-in-fresh-air sheets every time I change the sheets. If only Zebby Cat appreciated them too!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment! Please visit often.