13.12.10

Crockpot Lamb Stew

Still renovating and have no kitchen.  I took shipment of my lamb a week ago and was dying to try some.  I took some stewing meat and this was delicious.


Crockpot Lamb Stew

1 lb lamb stewing meat
1 cup beef stock
2 carrots, peeled and cut into large pieces
 2 potatoes, peeled and cut into large pieces
1/2 yellow onion, coarsely chopped
salt and pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary

Grease the crockpot with olive oil or a cooking spray.  Add in the lamb, onion, salt and pepper, rosemary and beef stock.  Cook on low for 4 hours.  Add the potatoes cut into large pieces and the carrots, also cut into large pieces.  Cook for one more hour.  Serve with a nice glass of red wine.

7 comments:

  1. Mmmmm, looks delicious, even in summertime here. Two nights ago I made your potato and chard frittata recipe. It was delicious with a beautifully moist centre (reminding me of a potato tortilla I ate in Madrid many years back).

    Fingers etc.. crossed that you soon have your new kitchen.

    Sending care and warm huggles to you and Miss Sugar (Zebby Cat is at his holiday cattery as His human goes away on Wednesday),

    Michelle xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire how many ways you have managed to keep on cooking when you have no stove or kitchen to work in. Now that the painting is done I hope it moves quickly and you can be in your kitchen by Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dying to know, what did you end up getting with the lamb??? With this snow storm and wild weather you must have the workman's undivided attention, yes??? I have never made lamb stew (or cooked in a crockpot for that matter)... looks warm and comforting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A nice, rich & hearty stew. Hope your renno is done soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum. I have some lamb stew meat, this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks delicious, and I'm sure the red wine helped soothe away the aches of the reno, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. tis the season for firing up the crockpot! i'm loving your hearty stew, even if it pains me to think about mary's little lamb in that way... :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment! Please visit often.