Cooking Classes

18.6.16

Played with my food tonight and this is what I made ...


Today was opening day for our farmers' market season. There were a few changes and I have new helpers so it was with a touch of anxiety that I awoke this morning to do it all over again.

I wish I had taken a few pictures. The market was flooded with happy people anxious to buy our offerings. I love market day. After a week of kitchen work it is time to meet your buyers face to face and enjoy a bit of camaraderie.

Tonight I played with food that arrived in my foraged food box from northern Saskatchewan. What a grand meal.

The burn morels were prime. Large, dry and not wormy. They made a flavourful risotto. Dandelion greens are heavy in the dietary fibre so no need to make a lot. Their bitter flavour complimented the risotto. And I have about 6 dozen quail eggs. It was fun to poach a couple. But seriously, they only take a minute. Quail eggs taste like chicken eggs but they proportionately have a large yolk.

Satisfying simple dinner.

13 comments:

  1. Sounds nourishing and delicious. :-) I love market day too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Risotto is a treat! I love getting my veggie box and finding all of the treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really different dish shared here. I always read your recipes on this blog and I am always trying to make such delicious dishes.

    ReplyDelete

  4. I don't like to be off-topic, but I have a problem which I hope you can help me. My problem is when I have Blogger on my computer. (All other areas seem to be fine) Whenever I press the "new post" button it seems to take *forever* to get to to the proper screen. It just says "loading..." at the top. It does eventually get to the proper screen, but this is after 45 minutes or more. Have you had this problem, and what did you do to solve it? My computer is a HP Chromebook 14. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds wonderful. Good to check in and see you are up to your 'magic' still. Pretty photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this blog you have done good work on this post keep doing well, you have done good work on this post.

    Crude Oil Commodity Tips

    ReplyDelete
  7. veronica@mail.postmanllc.net

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment! Please visit often.