Cooking Classes

14.6.12

I Just Had to Share This

Tuesday was my last sub day at the Colony and we had planned a hike to the coulee.  It was more than two hours walking, climbing, tromping through muck, watching frogs, exploring through the trees and sitting on a rock like a bunch of turtles sunning.

"What do you think about this place?" asked Mark.  "I love it," I replied.  "Me, too."

These pictures are very special.  The kids really let me into their sheltered world.  They taught me so much about their unique life.  They loved being in the outdoors.

I let them all take pictures with my SLR Digital Camera - my good camera!  At times they were teetering on the edge of a frog pond or balancing on a big rock with my good camera.  The lens cap was always in my hand the strap always around their neck!







The results were worth the risk.  I love these pictures.



























9 comments:

  1. These pictures are fantastic. Really beautifully capturing these children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pleasant adventure! The kids look darling and are becoming great photographers. Looks like everyone had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures, what is this place???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sarah, these photos are wonderful. I love the one with the girls peeking out the window!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice end to the school year. I'm sure your kids will remember this trip for a long time. Did you copy the pictures so they could each have them?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic post Sarah! Such sweet faces these children have.
    I would be running away from the boy with the frog though... ;)
    Happy Sunday!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. These photos truly are amazing. It is amazing how creative kids can be if given the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found your site and am captivated... next comes a visit through your archives to complete our introduction. Thank you for sharing this lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely pictorial; I felt like I was there. Their faces show the magic of exploration and discovery and the great moments of just being a kid.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment! Please visit often.