Cooking Classes

6.7.10

Eh...What's Up Doc?

Bugs Bunny is always gnawing on a carrot!  He must have known something way back in 1940 when he was born in Brooklyn, New York.  I had no idea that his accent was actually definable!  He has what is called a 'flatbush' accent which is equally Brooklyn and the Bronx.  He is a true New Yorker.


I bought 20 lbs of carrots yesterday!  They are last year's crop but still in excellent condition and very sweet.  And the best part - only $6.  The farmer's market is still a little sparse.  The season is just beginning.  Yesterday I blogged about new peas and spring onions. Today it is about juicing carrots.

Juice is a great way to use these.  It will be both healthy and tasty and I like carrot juice.  It is so sweet and nice.  I wonder if Bugs was created today if he would be sipping on a tall cool carrot juice?

Carrot Juice

1 lb carrots
juice of one lemon

Process carrots according to the directions of your juicer.  Add lemon juice and refrigerate.  Will keep for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.

6 comments:

  1. I've had carrot juice, and it really is quite good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love carrots. I slice them and simmer gently in butter; I grate and add them to rice; I peel them and just eat them. Lucky you, snagging 20 pounds! Thor and the guinea pig would be jealous, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never had carrot juice! I am going to have to try some from the store before I buy 20 pounds of carrots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love carrot juice with lemon. I love mine with moroccan spices...
    an idea that I got from Jean George in NYC...so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would you believe I have never had carrot juice! Yet there are thousands of juice joints in Beirut that sell the stuff with fresh carrots.
    I love that glass too.
    Are you planning to drink all these pounds?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love carrot juice this sounded like a good buy to me. Diane

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment! Please visit often.