3.7.12

Very Berry Marshmallows

Marshmallows are the new cupcakes.  I love making them and dreaming up new flavours.  One of my best sellers is Pineapple & Toasted Coconut.  I also made Maple & Candied Bacon, Maple, Chocolate Swirl with Cinnamon.

For this week's Market I am adding a new flavour, Very Berry.  It is made with that new berry, haskap.  I made a puree with my haskap jam.  I added a little water to thin it out.  The haskap is so bursting with flavour that I thought it would be the best choice.  And it is so colourful.  I make the vanilla marshmallows, pour them into the pan and then swirl in the berry puree.

I use Joy of Baking's marshmallow recipe for all my flavours and then just add the flavour ingredients.  I love making them.  And buyers at the Market look forward to my new ideas.

8 comments:

  1. I have never attempted to make marshmallows. I know they are so much better that what comes in a bag on our grocery shelves. Your market goers are pretty lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that looks amazing and I love marshmallows yum yum Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my, those are going to be quick sellers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Sarah, what a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look delicious. I've never tasted home made marshmallows, but I was just saying to the kids that we should try gourmet s'mores with Lindt chocolate and homemade marshmallows. It would be yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah has LOTS of great ideas. She is amazing watching her in her kitchen when she is baking and creating. She has an abundance of energy which makes me tired just watching her prepare for the market. I am so lucky to have her as my sister.

    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look wonderful! I'll bet they're great toasted on a cool night, too.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment! Please visit often.